General Medicine is a base speciality. The consultant faculty comprises of highly trained physicians. Their clinical skills are supported by excellent laboratory and investigatory facilities.
A general physician is a medical doctor who specialises in many diseases affecting the body, whose primary treatment does not involve surgery.
The following and more are treated under General Medicine department –
1) Cardiovascular system
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Ischaemic heart disease (angina, heart attack)
2) Respiratory system
- Emphysema or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Lung fibrosis
3) Gastrointestinal system
- Liver disease including alcoholic lever disease
4) Neurological system
- Cerebrovascular accident (strokes)
- Epilepsy (seizures)
- Thyroid disease
- Pituitary disease