Tal What to pack for the Labor?
Final stretch yeah? Now’s the time to gather all the essentials you’ll need during labour and birth and for after your baby is born.
- Copies of your medical records.
- Cotton socks (if the weather is cold)
- Massage oil or lotion if you would like to be massaged during your labour.
- Lip balm.
- Snacks and drinks.
- Things to help you relax or pass the time,such as books, magazines, games and so on.
- Mobile phone and charger. Make sure you have enough credit to send out announcement messages!
- A hairband. You might want your hair tied up or pulled back.
- Water spray bottle and wet wipes to freshen up.
- Music to listen to.
- Pillows and cushions to make you more comfortable. They will come in handy after birth while breastfeeding, too.
- ATM or credit cards for emergencies.
- Some cash and small change in hand. Not all facilities at the hospital may have the option of paying by card, such as the parking lot and the canteen.
- Medical insurance papers (if any).
- Comfortable shoes. The attendant might have to be on his or her feet a lot.
- Watch or timer with a second hand, to time contractions.