What shall I pack for after the birth?
- A going-home outfit. You’ll need loose comfortable clothes to wear while you’re in hospital and for the journey home. It will take a while for your tummy to go down, so you’ll need your maternity clothes for the first few weeks when you come home.
- Nursing bras. Take one or two.
- Breast pads.
- Maternity/sanitary pads. Take a couple of packs.
- Nightdress or top. Front-opening ones are useful in the early days of breastfeeding.
- A shawl, stole or dupatta to cover yourself while breastfeeding.
- Toiletries and make up.
- Comfortable panties. Don’t bring your best ones as they will get messy. If you end up having a caesarean, stretchy panties would be comfortable to wear over your scar.
- Supportive shoes or sandals.